Born in 1956 to Frank and Marie Rizzo, Geoff Rizzo exemplifies the title awarded to his hometown that same year – The All-American City. He has dedicated his life to serving his community and is committed to providing strong leadership, safe neighborhoods, and economic opportunity. Geoff Rizzo is just the kind of community-based, tireless public servant needed by the people of Torrance – and he has shown us he knows how to make things happen at City Hall.
In his short 14 months on Torrance City Council Geoff has…
- Enhanced public safety by adding police department personnel to increase the efficiency of operations
- Safeguarded children and eased traffic congestion with additional school crossing guards
- Supported infrastructure improvement projects such as the rehabilitation of roadways and new water wells
- Reduced blight by regulating unattended donation bins throughout the city
And Councilman Rizzo is currently….
- Helping to protect our unique heritage with an historic Old Torrance preservation ordinance
- Working to maintain property values for Hillside residents with an ordinance that protects views and maintains trees
- Increasing the City’s accessibility and responsiveness with web site improvements